Roasted Butternut Squash Seed Oil
Roasted Butternut Squash Seed Oil 6.3 ounce bottle
A flavorful, healthy and local alternative to European olive oil. Butternut squash seed oil (BSSO) debuted in the fall of 2008. With the help of food scientists at Cornell University, they discovered a delicious, all-natural oil locked up in squash seed that would otherwise be destined for compost. This oil is released by precise roasting and expeller pressing without the use of chemicals, excessive heat or harsh filtration. This gently processed oil contains no hydrogenated fats, chemical additives, or preservatives.
The oil contains only one ingredient: oil from roasted pressed varietal squash seeds. The oil is produced in small batches, ensuring a level of quality from seed to bottle to shelf.
The oil’s nutty taste makes a great replacement for nuts in baked goods or stuffings for those with nut allergies.
- Ingredients: 100% pure butternut squash seed oil, not a blend.
- Flavor profile: warm, buttery, nutty taste reminiscent of cashew or peanut
- Uses: sautéing, grilling,or roasting vegetables and meats, or as a flavoring oil on prepared dishes. Smoke point of 425 F.
- Shelf life: one year. Store in refrigerator to extend shelf life.
- Nutrition: Oil is high in polyunsaturated fat, and less than a third of the saturated fat in butter. Rich in Vitamin E. No trans fat or cholesterol.